Here’s a list that I’ll add to:
- Podcast episode widget — I usually mention one other podcast and sometimes multiple in a post. I should have a more standard way to show the podcast and episode.
- Need to have link posts — This could probably remove a little bit of friction when writing about a podcast episode. Because I always wonder what I should write to introduce it before getting into some thoughts.
I’m tracking them on this page on the site so that I can…
- Prioritize better — Having a list in one place will help me remember that I might have had a better idea already that I should work on instead. Otherwise I fall into recency bias.
- Have one place to put site functionality ideas — Otherwise I just drop them into Evernote. Which is the black hole of ideas. As much as I work on systems to review old notes, I still rarely review old notes.
Ideas for this site
- Some kind of jobs-to-be-done kind of guide to how I write and add content to this site — Basically it’d be some page I could refer to that would help remind me of situations where I can write new things and share them on the site. For example, it could be something like…
- Listening log — digest of things I listened to this week
- Reading log — review of things read this week (and updating the Reading List page)
- Anytime — When you…
- Start a book
- Finish a reading session
- Finish a book
- Listen to a podcast
- Take notes as you listen for an individual post
- Finish a podcast
- Write a short note that can be used for the weekly digest later
- Then that could double as a way to navigate the site. It could also help me with some of the overlap I have in my writing. Sometimes I’ll write full book notes (like this one on Anthony de Mello’s Awareness) and sometimes I’ll just write notes while reading (like these for That Will Never Work) but then those overlap with things I write about the book after reading (like these notes after finishing That Will Never Work).
- I wanted to have some kind of re-usable system when mentioning concepts that come up again in different books. For example, the marshmallow study is mentioned in so many books. I could include some block of text summarizing it if it’s mentioned in a book. (I think I could set something up with Tags…)