Just doing a quick update on the different pieces here.
- Wake up early: I have a couple hacks going here where I’m jetlagged from an international trip and also have a dog to wake me up with no regard for what day of the week it is or how many hours I’ve slept. Those mornings are definitely peaceful though.
- Morning routine: I’ve got into a good routine where I’m taking Booster out for a walk immediately and then I do my workout in the morning. Will continue doing this.
- Read 10 pages a day: I’ve been reading between all of Robert Greene’s books “48 Laws of Power”, “33 Strategies of War”, and “The Daily Laws”. It’s building up my motivation to make videos with notes about the different books.
- Eat healthy: I’ve been hitting my 150g protein number each day. Protein shakes help a ton here. And I’ve noticed that I’m focusing more and more on high protein options.
- Work out: I listened to a Mind Pump episode at the start of Project50 and the idea in it has been really helpful since then. With a home gym, you’re able to do 10-15 minute workouts throughout the day if you need to. I’ve been using that mindset to fit in a warm up and heavy barbell set in the middle of the day.
- Practice learning a new skill every day: I’ve been making a YouTube Short every day and it’s been probably the thing that Project50 has changed the most. First I wanted to do something about Project50 every day. I made one but then I thought it’d be good to just experiment a bit with the videos and have been posting NBA and MMA videos with book highlights since then. (Highlight+Highlight). I think it’s knocking me out of a creative rut I’ve been in for a while.
- Keep progress: in a journal I can see now why there’s a Notion template for this that’s a bunch of checkboxes and one long text field for thoughts. I’d love to write something like this post every day but there might be more useful things to work on.
Let’s keep it going!