Just posting some public goals for November. But, you know, on here instead of Twitter because that’s too public for my liking.
While I do have a “Goals” category set up on this site, the only other post is this one, which fits nicely in a blockquote:
Here are some public goals for the month
Making stuff: 3 videos, 3 podcast episodes
Weight: 163 lbs
Website: Add show notes pages for previous episodes
I’ll write more about each goal in the future, but just wanted to write them down.
I did not follow up with a post going through each of the goals. So I’ll catch up now with the June goal result:
- 3 videos: I published 14 videos (hit a groove of Shorts)
- 3 podcasts: I published 4 episodes
- Add show notes pages for previous episodes: missed
- Weight – 163 lbs: missed
Okay so the goals for this month. (And I’ll write some thoughts inline this time.)
- 10 chin-ups: I can only do 3 right now, apparently. And by apparently I do mean that I tried to do more than 3 today and couldn’t. Getting weaker and gaining weight is a terrible combo for doing chin-ups. So I’ll run Pavel’s fighter pull-up program (6 days a week) this month to get up to 10
- 164 lbs: The struggle continues. This would be about ~2 lbs a week right now. Which is probably not really going to happen so I’ll need the help of the bloat gods to get to 164. Let’s say 166 would be okay here also. Or even, really, a solid 168 lbs. How will I get there? 4-5 days of weights weekly + lots of walking. Less volume with eating + higher fiber + higher protein. I’ll build up some better rules through the month.
- 1000 YouTube subscribers: I’m not sure I’ve ever really written this kind of thing down. Mostly because I wanted to focus on input in my control (videos made) instead of output out of my control (subscribers). But maybe this sort of thing will help me think a little bit more about “Who am I even making content for?” Always a good question to start with.
That’s that. Ideally, I’ll make a podcast episode talking through these. Then I can check back in each week as a podcast segment. That said, I’ll write that down as a goal. A website exclusive because there’s not a bunch of room left on the index card.
- 4 podcast episodes: This is my favorite thing to make so I need to get back to making it.
Some episode ideas, in case I think I don’t have any in the following weeks:
- Goal review episode: As mentioned above, just talk through the goals for the month + some goal setting / habit book quotes
- The Sovereign Individual: Do some book notes (aka talk about just how often I was reminded that I don’t know anything about government or politics)
- Dune life lessons: Some scene + some self development lesson applied, repeat 5-7 times
- 2021 reading update: I finally updated my book log so I’m sure I can go over some lessons from recent books
- 7 takeaways: Different podcast takeaways from recent listens. I’ve been increasing my listening time lately.
(This goal posting is inspired by Neville Medhora, who posts his goals each month and keeps them pinned to his site’s sidebar for the month.)